Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Saturday 8 June 2024

When life gives you...

 

lemons - or so I thought from a quick glimpse at a nearby backyard. Going back for a closer look and some online checking, it appears those long dark glossy leaves don't necessarily belong to anything exotic (for London gardens), but that these may be plain old Golden Delicious apples (golden they may be, but I don't find them particularly delicious).

Speaking of lemons....

in other news, apparently today is being touted as World Gin Day so here's something appropriate to raise a G&T to:




3 comments:

  1. Clink, clink!

    I think Golden "Delicious" should be reported to Trading Standards for misrepresentation. They're horrible. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad used to have a Spike Jones album - it was a bit nuts! As this clip is!!
    I always preferred Golden Wonder to Golden Delicious.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had some lemons. The local trees didn't do so well this last winter that I have to buy them when I want some.

    ReplyDelete