Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Monday 23 July 2012

Startling discovery!

It may be a belated discovery, but that's what comes of being taught a language with a view to studying the high literary culture rather than everyday life: in French, paper clips are called "trombones".

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, they are called that in English too. At least here in English speaking Canada, they are sometimes referred to as trombone paper clips.
    The other ones which have a pair of folding 'levers' which when you press together forces the metal spring apart and which you use for thicker wads of paper are know as Bulldog clips. British Bulldogs, I wonder ?