Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Monday 2 February 2009

Aaah, pretty......

This was the view before I set off for work this morning. No, it wasn't the Retreat from Moscow - the boats were running, the tube was not particularly crowded for the last stretch, so I had (anti-climactically) no problems - unlike almost everyone else in the department (so it was a nice quiet day).

And I'm not joining the "Why oh why" crowd moaning about our not having Swedish-style precautions in place for this sort of event: it's not worth the capital investment for a couple of day's disruption every five to ten years or so. If there's any "why oh why"-ing to be done, it's about the people who simply can't cope with a change to their routine and can't welcome the opportunity to have a day playing out in the snow. End of.

By the time I got home, my neighbours had clearly been busy building giant snowmen (and their dogs).

And some enterprising souls had built impressive "blast walls" for snowball fights - as I'm writing, there's one still going on (even as more snow is falling):

No comments:

Post a Comment